Description of Position:
This position works as part of a security team responsible for ensuring that the company's information resources are secure from unauthorized access, protected from inappropriate alteration, physically secure, and available to users in a timely fashion. This position serves as an internal information security consultant and will be responsible for designing, implementing, supporting and maintaining policies and security solutions in both operational and customer hosted environments. This position demands an organized, action oriented team player with the ability to prioritize daily work and support on multiple initiatives simultaneously; strong communication and customer focus is required.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Serves as an internal information security consultant to the organization
- Supports the incident response process, responding to security incidents across the organization that will vary in scope and severity.
- Supports the development and advancement of the organization’s incident response program, executing strategic projects and initiatives to help advance the incident response maturity level
- Coordinates teams across the business as part of the incident response process to ensure the appropriate individuals are involved in incident containment, analysis and resolution
- Provides written and verbal updates and consistent communication to management as part of the incident response process
- Executes and oversees internal projects to help mature the incident response program. These may include process development/improvement, policy creation and maintenance and selection and implementation of technical solutions
- Provide support for IT projects, identifying risk specific to the project and actions necessary for remediation
- Supports the development, implementation, and management of security policies and procedures to ensure they remain aligned with business objectives and meet regulatory requirements
- Supports the development, implementation and management of security knowledgebase to include all company products and environments
- Provides expertise and support to ensure company’s security framework remains in compliance with applicable regulations including evolving data privacy regulations
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- BS/BA degree in Computer Information Systems/Management Information Systems or related discipline or equivalent experience and 3-5 years related work experience in information security, governance and/or related functions (such as IT audit and IT Risk Management).
- In depth experience in security incident response and management including analysis of events, review of suspected malicious activity, identification of Indicators of compromise and providing guidance on resolution and remediation activities. MUST be able to strategize regarding IT and come back to the business with a plan.
- Experience in security incident response in cloud environments including public and private cloud.
- Experience with system implementations and identification of security related risks associated with such implementations. Ability to identify risks, identify action for remediation, communicate risk and remediation needs to project team.
- Experience with information security management frameworks such as AT101 SOC 2, ISO, ITIL, CobiT, NIST to include development of policies, process and procedures within the environment.
- Experience supporting regulatory and compliance programs such as HIPAA, PCI, MA 201 CMR 17.
- Experience designing and implementing controls within corporate networks to include computer/network security and operating systems such as UNIX, Linux, and WINDOWS, as well as LAN/WAN internetworking protocols such as TCP/IP and network perimeter protection (firewalls).
- Strong technical background including Active Directory, firewalls and vulnerability scanning tools highly desired.
- CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, or similar security certification highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to develop positive relationships and effectively communicate with employees, customers, auditors, business partners, and all levels of management.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to identify security risks and appropriate measures needed to help mitigate those risks. Must be comfortable in conducting independent research of issues and inquiries in order to provide guidance when requested.