Description of Position:
This position works as part of a security team responsible for ensuring that the company's information resources are secure from unauthorized access, protected from inappropriate alteration, physically secure, and available to users in a timely fashion. This position serves as an internal information security consultant and will be responsible for designing, implementing, supporting and maintaining policies and security solutions in both operational and customer hosted environments. This position demands an organized, action-oriented team player with the ability to prioritize daily work and support on multiple initiatives simultaneously; strong communication and customer focus is required.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Serves as an internal information security consultant to the organization, providing guidance and support for business inquiries, requests.
- Provide support for IT projects, identifying risk specific to the project, and actions necessary for remediation including recommendations for logical access controls, secure application configuration, general secure data handling processes.
- Supports the development, implementation, and management of security policies/procedures to ensure they remain aligned with business objectives/meet regulatory requirements.
- Supports the development, implementation and management of security knowledgebase to include all company products, environments.
- Responds to security incidents raised by the user community including phishing attempts, malware outbreaks, unauthorized access attempts.
- Execute and support vulnerability scanning applications including the configuration of scan sites, scheduling of scans, production of reports, and interpretation of results.
- Provides expertise and support to ensure company’s security framework remains in compliance with applicable regulations including evolving data privacy regulations.
- Provides support with third party security risk assessments/IT audit and provides tracking for findings, resolution.
- Provides expertise in support of new product development activities to ensure products comply with information security, privacy standards.
- Perform additional duties/projects as assigned by management
- BS/BA degree in Computer Information Systems/Management Information Systems or related discipline or equivalent experience and 5-7 years related work experience in information security governance and/or related functions (such as IT audit and IT Risk Management).
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in order to develop positive relationships/effectively communicate with employees, customers, auditors, business partners, all levels of management.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to identify security risks and appropriate measures needed to help mitigate those risks. Must be comfortable in conducting independent research of issues and inquiries to provide guidance when requested.
- Experience with system implementations, identification of security related risks and development of recommended actions for remediation.
- Experience with Security Incident Response including hands on involvement in detection, analysis, containment and remediation phases.
- Experience with information security management frameworks such as AT101 SOC 2, ISO, ITIL, CobiT, NIST to include development of policies, process and procedures within the environment.
- Experience designing and implementing controls within corporate networks to include computer/network security and operating systems such as UNIX, Linux, and WINDOWS, as well as LAN/WAN internetworking protocols such as TCP/IP and network perimeter protection (firewalls).
- Strong technical background/experience with a variety of information security systems/tools like vulnerability management, intrusion detection/prevention, cloud access security broker, anti-virus/malware, data loss prevention.
- CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, or similar security certification required.