Our client is looking for an experienced security test engineer to join their team. The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic engineer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of cyber security challenges, is detail-oriented, takes extreme pride in their work, and is able to lead and coordinate others that are outside of the department.
- This is a subject matter expert position in cybersecurity testing for the team responsible for mobile application verification.
- Leverage your knowledge and work experience to the testing of mobile applications.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for mobile application testing cybersecurity related topics.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of security documentation and configuration practices for the group.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers on cybersecurity testing techniques.
- Assist in organizational security assessments and defining secure processes.
- Participate in development and review of security requirements.
- Develop security related test plans and procedures.
- Maintain awareness of cyber trends, threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Conduct incident/event investigation and analysis.
- Test mobile applications to find weaknesses and document results.
- Install, configure, deploy, integrate, operate and maintain applicable security toolsets.
- Support security assessments.
- Monitor and process response for security events.
- Stay current with, and remain knowledgeable, about new threats.
- Analyze attacker tactics, techniques and procedures from security events.
- Provide training and support to other engineers in the group.
- Collaborate with the overall organization’s Cybersecurity team.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years in cybersecurity role
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, MIS or a similar field from an accredited university.
- Must have hands on coding experience in C#, C++ or Java.
- Must have experience in testing mobile applications.
- Must have security certification (CISSP / CISM / SANS / C|EH / CompTIA Security + / other).
- Demonstrated experience in writing security requirements and test plans.
- Demonstrated knowledge of common vulnerability classes and common cybersecurity test strategies.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with 1 or more of the following:
- Coordinating and planning activities for a team
- Medical device testing
- Experience with intrusion detection systems
- Pen Testing
- Data analysis - problem solving and ability to make decisions based on raw data
- Mobile app security
- Excellent in communicating business risk from cybersecurity issues
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset, leveraging strategic and tactical thinking.
- Demonstrates effective decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.