Description of Position:
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) team is responsible for delivering enterprise-wide Identity, Access, Directory and Authentication Services with capability to support cloud and on-prem application services. IAM utilizes a hybridized architectural approach consisting of multi-platform and multi-prem methods to provide a wide range of capabilities for users and web services. The IAM Group integrates both legacy and modernized infrastructure components to support global company initiatives.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
As part of Identity technical leadership, this role will be responsible for the following:
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Designs, configures, troubleshoots and supports IAM initiatives and solutions.
- Collaborates with teams to help provide security/IAM best practices and design patterns.
- Develops and Documents environment topologies and standards.
- Provides a senior escalation point for complex issues. Ensures timely recovery from outages, performs root cause analysis and implements preventative measures.
- Seeks opportunities to automate, document, share, educate, and improve processes.
- Acts as a team lead and mentor to others.
Gathers requirements from internal clients and provides security/IAM technical expertise to the development of initiative requirements.
- Ensures that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational standards, goals and objectives.
- Partners with Solution Architects to generate project Solution Outline.
- Contributes, interprets and communicates enterprise, technical, project and operational strategies to team.
- Assists in the planning, design and development of new capabilities and enhancements to existing applications.
- Sets direction/tone (working with Team Manager and Project Managers) to establish cadence for project execution.
- Leads/Conducts solution reviews for team members and contributes and/or owns criteria for review.
- Responsible for continued personal growth in the areas of technology, business knowledge, and policies.
- Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Expert understanding of standard engineering concepts such as high availability, redundancy, reliability, and performance.
- Strong understanding of protocols and standards within IAM.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide mentoring and training to team members on technology.
- Ability to cross collaborate with others on large complex projects.
- Strong ability to properly convey IAM concepts and standards to others.
- Must be a self starter with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of management.
- Ability to identify gaps and recommend solutions to align with security and IAM standards and procedures as well as identifying areas for significant improvement, optimization and automation.
- Demonstrates a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
- Follows Enterprise standards for Security and Best Practices.
- Strong understanding of IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, and IDaaS architecture and concepts.
- Interfaces with and provides technical leadership to others in the IT division and business to address ongoing business needs.
- Ability to articulate, gather, drive conversations, and document requirements.
- Expert skills in design and process flows
- Strong working knowledge of designing and implementing IAM technologies and services.
- Understanding of provisioning, authentication, federation, and sync.
- Knowledge of public key infrastructure or cryptography standards.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
- Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
- Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
- Phones, computers, printer, copier, fax