The Platform and Operations Manager - eBusiness Solutions
will lead a team of Engineers and Analysts to ensure our business-to-consumer and business-to-business websites and order management systems are always up and available to our members, perform well, and are scalable to meet the needs of a $7B website. In addition, this person will be integral in the creation and execution of strategic plans to help the business realize their goals of reaching $20B in sales, including moving to the cloud.
As a member of the IS Management team, you are responsible for managing, developing, and leading a team of employees. Your role includes leading the specific functional responsibilities of your team, which involves overseeing team performance and deliverables. However, your role as a leader within our organization requires more than the management of resources and day-to-day operations. As a steward of the company
, you are charged with the development and execution of your team’s strategic vision and plan and ensuring that your team’s actions align with the larger goals of the company and the IT Division.
As the primary conduit between your employees and upper leadership, your role in communicating and modeling the values and guiding principles of our company culture is of vital importance
. All members of IS Management should strive to consciously and consistently foster a culture of engagement, trust, and “open door” communication.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Supports a healthy and cooperative team dynamic by fostering a work environment based on collaboration, openness, and trust.
- Actively encourages employees to contribute to the success and high performance of the team by listening to and incorporating employee ideas and feedback, and acknowledge positive performance to support employee morale.
- Sets clear performance expectations and provides thoughtful and timely coaching and feedback to ensure department, business and company procedures and standards are met. Conducts yearly performance reviews.
- Coaches and counsels employees on career development opportunities and options.
- Encourages and models a culture of continual learning and professional development by providing regular training and professional development opportunities.
- Openly shares best practices and critical information with colleagues.
- Reviews applicant submissions for job postings, conducts interviews and makes recommendations regarding hiring status.
- Responds to employee concerns using problem-solving skills, tact, and discretion in accordance with the Costco Employee Agreement and other applicable regulations.
- Creates strategic plans and executes against them to ensure the systems are always up, always performs well, and scales to meet growth.
- Provides leadership to the team and facilitates resolution of production system outages.
- Ensures non-production systems are up and running and available for projects.
- Sets performance expectations of team members and provides coaching throughout the year.
- Manages the team work assignments and ensures completion.
- Provides career development opportunities for team members.
- Must be available 24x7x365 to provide support.
- 3-4 PLUS years’ experience managing a medium to large operations / infrastructure team REQUIRED .
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Innovative, creative and possesses a passion for excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work with people at all management levels.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Detail oriented and possesses strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with experience building strategic and tactical plans.
- Ability to analyze a situation for potential future problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a crisis situation.
- Extremely responsive, with a strong sense of urgency.
- Experience working within a formal software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of infrastructure concepts and components a plus.
- Knowledge of Websphere Commerce systems a plus.