Description of Position:
We inspire excellence. Across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains, our customers perform on the world’s most challenging front lines – and we are proud to employ innovators and problem solvers dedicated to delivering mission critical solutions our customers depend on. Our commitment to speed, innovation and flawless execution are matched only by our dedication to providing every employee with an inclusive environment with rewarding career opportunities.
As a global technology innovator, we employ over 50,000 employees around the world, nearly 20,000 of whom are engineers. From multi-domain communications, commercial aviation systems and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance systems to electronic warfare, space systems and maritime solutions – our technologies are helping change the way our customers meet their goals.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Required Skills, Abilities, and Certifications:
- Provide Information Security System Engineering support to spacecraft design and mission operations CONOPs development.
- Provide Information Security System Engineering support to Systems Engineering activities for requirements definition, trade study execution, and design review participation in support of cyber protection functions for satellite systems.
- Provide Information Security System Engineering support and technical execution of information security activities associated with the authorization of DOD Risk Management Framework (RMF) for space vehicles and associated ground systems.
- Support Security Engineering activities, including design, testing, configuration, management and maintenance of spacecraft and ground support system technical baselines.
- Assist Program Security Architect in the development of, and CONOPS for, emerging security technologies and proposals for space opportunities.
- Support compliance certification as required.
- Support the evaluation, qualification, testing and delivery of security architecture improvement, obsolescence replacement and vulnerability response projects.
- Support proposal activities and coordinate security content for proposal responses across security disciplines including security features, secure development, information technology support, and physical security.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Seniority Level – Mid-Senior.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security, or related field and 9+ years of experience in Information Security Systems Engineering or Information Assurance fields or equivalent.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Willingness to travel – Occasionally.
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) level 2/3 security certification (e.g., CASP+ CE, CISSP, CSSLP) (https://public.cyber.mil/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/).
- Direct experience with the design, development, and operations of satellite systems.
- Familiarity with cryptographic systems used to protect space/ground communications.
- Understanding of DOD RMF and various implementations of this framework across the Federal and/or intelligence community.
- Understanding of RMF applicability to space assets and supporting ground systems.
- Familiarity with the systems engineering process including requirements development, architecture, design, integration, and validation.
- Experience in writing and managing RMF body of evidence documents (e.g., System Security Plan (SSP), Security Compliance Traceability Matrix (SCTM), Risk Assessment Report (RAR), Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) Plan, and Security Assessment Plans and Procedures (SAPP).
- Familiarity with the DOD EMASS tool.
- Self-motivation, able to work well independently and within inter-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with Computer networking concepts, protocols, & security methodologies.
- Familiarity with derivation of Confidentiality, integrity, and availability requirements.
- Familiarity with principles of data flows (e.g., TCP/IP, OSI model).
- Experience with Information security systems engineering principles (NIST SP 800-160 vol1).
- Experience with System testing and evaluation methods.