Description of Position:
We are a privately held rapidly growing company, providing best-in-class managed cybersecurity operations in the financial sector. Redefining industry expectations by taking an active role in the protection of financial organization, delivering “eyes on” 24x7x365 cybersecurity operations to effectively minimize cyber risk inside these organizations. Bringing years of information security experience with financial institutions, our managed security operations protect critical network infrastructure from the growing number of threats to banks and the financial services industry.
Our Security Operations Center (SOC) is located in Franklin, Tennessee and all security operations are run from this facility. We do not use a Virtual SOC in which Security Analysts work from home or another remote location, which can slow response times and affect client security. Our goal is more than notification—Our goal is remediation and resolution.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Required Skills, Abilities, and Certifications:
- Analyze and monitor NGFW Palo Alto firewalls for security risks and best practices.
- Assist other groups by providing firewall log and troubleshooting information to resolve production issues.
- Regularly plan and change / create firewall policies for approved requests.
- Regularly review, modify, add, or remove web filtering policies or controls.
- Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of the company’s computer networks and information.
- Perform regular account audits and log review.
- Provide Information Security support on software, system, and network infrastructure projects.
- Identify security issues and vulnerabilities and provide recommended remediation.
- Communicate and enforce Information Security policies
- Perform security incident response and assist with incident investigation.
- Regularly create and maintain high quality documentation for changes and procedures.
- On call rotation and some off-hours/weekend work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills, Abilities, and Certifications:
- 5+ years network security / firewall background.
- 3+ years of dedicated Palo Alto NGFW experience.
- Have experience working with security software tools including packet capture analysis.
- Have solid operational experience in enterprise level support.
- Maintains current appropriate knowledge of routing protocols: BGP, etc.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, VLANS, Network IDS/IPS, DNS, VPN Encryption and Security.
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Security Engineer (PCNSE).
- 6+ months of experience working Cisco ASA (with FirePower).
- 6+ months of experience working with SIEM.
- 6+ months of proxy or web filtering experience such as Zscaler, Symantec, etc.
- Bachelor’s level degree or higher from accredited university with a degree in Computer Science, Network Management, or Information Security.
- Certifications preferred: Security+, CCNA-Security, PCNSA, CISSP, or other appropriate certs.
- All candidates will be required to take an extensive background screen, credit screen, and drug screen prior to employment.