Description of Position:
We are seeking an accomplished Software Security Champion. This person will work with a talented Engineering team delivering some of our critical products. We want a passionate leader who loves to code, solve innovative problems, and can take ownership in their area of focus to build great products. This individual will be a security champion, working closely with other security experts providing guidance to Engineering and Product teams on how to build secure products. Collaboration and teamwork are at the foundation of our culture, and we need engineers who will bolster this foundation.
Our BCDR devices are Linux powered backup appliances that perform block-level snapshots of physical, virtual, and public cloud-based servers. Backup data is stored as raw disk images in a local ZFS-based disk array.
In this role, you will work closely with our Security experts to enhance and protect the software.
- Engage with Security to champion improved security throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the Product, Engineering and Security teams to prioritize security related work.
- Design and implement fixes for identified vulnerabilities.
- Participate in design and code reviews with security as your primary focus.
- Design and implement security specific automated testing.
- Mentor team members on secure coding practices.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the architecture and codebase.
Benefits Package and Perks:
- 5+ years of experience in an object-oriented language such as (e.g.Java, PHP, C++, Scala).
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- You have a passion for security, software engineering, quality and continuous learning.
- Understanding of Integration Security concepts like Mutual Authentication, Open SSO, SAML, OAUTH, Kerberos, JSON Web Token(JWT).
- Have solid understanding of the OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities.
- Independent, driven, creative, flexible, and enjoys taking ownership.
- Comfortable communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders to understand and execute on technology roadmaps.
- Passionate technologist looking to teach and learn from the best in software.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, design patterns, and algorithms.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL).
- Experience with distributed version control software (e.g. Git, Subversion, etc.).
- Experience developing in a Linux environment.
- Experience with API development (e.g. RESTful, JSON-RPC, SOAP).
- Familiarity with development frameworks (e.g. Akka, Zend, Spring, Symfony, .NET).
- Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems.
- Familiar with continuous integration, unit/automated testing, and quality delivery.
- Familiar with agile development.
- Comprehensive health-care benefits.
- Flexible paid time off policy.
- Fitness reimbursement.
- Charity match program.
- Education reimbursement.
- And more!